Wednesday, January 12, 2011

cartoon of the day


I always thought it would be neat to call  your company AARDVARK whatever . . . that way you'd almost always be first in the phone book. 

Reminds me when in the Marines, the Sarge would go through the roster and get his volunteers in alphabetical order from the platoon list . . . . whether he needed a volunteer or a work detail of three or whatever . . . . there was hardly ever a work detail of more than five to seven, so my name starting with D, the fourth letter in the alphabet, I got used to being called quite often . . . .  I used to wonder why the guys like Veraldi or Sorenson or Zawistowski never got called . . . . then it dawned on me, apparently it was too much trouble for the Sarge  to keep track where he left off, so the next day, he would always start with AARON, BAGINSKI, CHALMERS, DELGADO, etc. . . . and the poor bastards in the first third of the alphabet got the royal shaft . . . . I learned right there that life was not fair.

Here I am, 50-60 years later just being reminded again.  ( LET GO, for Crysakes ! )

No comments:

Post a Comment