Friday, February 25, 2011

Cartoon of the day - Roy Delgado


This cartoon appears on page 176 in the latest March issue of Reader's Digest magazine on the newsstand now. 

As I mentioned before, when drawing military cartoons I always draw Marines, since I am most familiar with their uniforms ( without having to do any research ).

I always get a little irritated when I see a cartoon of a man in the military and the cartoon is way off on the uniform.  With the advent of Google it's much, much easier to have the correct info in front of you in a jiffy, rather than the old way of clipping images and putting them in envelopes and then filing them for retrieval . . . it was a tedious, time-consuming boring chore that is welcome of its demise.

Bob Dylan was right . . . " Times, they are a changin . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment