Friday, April 22, 2011

17588 - Cartoon of the day - Roy Delgado



I've been to Cleveland once . . . back in the late 80's or early 90's . . . I remember being a little anxious to see what all this talk about Cleveland was all about.  I was attending a convention for Sign Manufacturers and I had gone with several close friends who also were owners of sign companies . . .

I did know that The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was located there . . . actually, I don't remember if this event happened BEFORE or AFTER the R&R venue officially opened . . . 

All I remember about Cleveland on that weekend, which I thought was very strange, was that downtown had hardly NO neon signs or ANY kind of lighted signage to tell you that there might be human beings living there at night and might like to have a good time . . capiche ?  Man, I'm telling you, it looked like what Chernobyl might loo like on a Saturday night . . absolutley dead quiet . . . . We did find a steak house ( after a tip from a cab driver ) in some warehouse area which had gone through some urban renewal  . . . which was pretty good and worth the trip . . . 

 All I really remember that I thought was funny is when one of the wise guys with me telling the bartender that the only good thing for us to look forward tomorrow is that we'll be back in Washington and you'll still be here in Cleveland . . .

The guy gave us a dirty look and soon we were the hell outta Cleveland . . . haven't been back since, although I DO plan on going there fairly soon. 


All in all, it turned out pretty good.  On the drive back to Washington, D.C. we stopped in Canton to visit The NFL Hall of Fame Museum . . . we enjoyed it very much . . . worth going to Cleveland for ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment