Monday, April 4, 2011

Cartoon of the day - Roy Delgado


I like nut cases, braggarts, wing nuts ( on both sides ) psychics . . . My real interest is in Psychics that swear they can predict an event BEFORE it has happened . . . You know . . We've seen them at carnivals . . the seedy part of town . . they're in every city in the country . . . Last one I saw was on 10th Street NW, downtown Washington, D.C.  . . . I had  made her a sign for her window which read something like Madam Zula, knows all, sees all . . . . . past,  present, future . . . free birthday readings., etc.

 Funny thing, when I delivered it to her, she was out, so I left it . . . weeks, then months went by, every time I called, someone with a different voice said, " She's out. "   She never returned my calls.  ( I learned later it was her disguising her voice )

About 9 months later, I stopped by in person and I caught her inbetween customers . . . When I asked for the lousy 25 bucks she owed me for the sign, she says to me  with a straight face . . . " See, if you would have let me look into your future when you were here the first time, you would have KNOWN you would have to wait 9 months to get paid ! " 

So I asked her, How much would you have charged me?  She said twenty-five bucks.

True Story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked her years later how come nobody has ever predicted the winner of The Kentucky Derby.  I'm still waiting for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment