Friday, April 1, 2011

Sid Harris, Roy Delgado, Sam Gross, Tom Hachtman


On my last jaunt to NYC, I stopped at the Pergola Des Artistes for lunch with a few New Yorker Cartoonists . . . great food, great wine, nice get-together . . . it's a real pick-me-upper when I'm around a few giants in this business . . . . I don't care what anybody says . . After one of these gigs  . . . .and I return to my drawing board I swear I'm a better cartoonist, maybe it's osmosis . . I actually don't wanna know . . . it is what it is . . .

All I know is it's going real fast . . . There are 60 ruby seconds in every diamond-studded minute . And there are 60 diamond-studded minutes  in every silver hour . . . and then there's 24 silver hours in every golden day . . . you better grab a hold of it . . . because it's here . . . and then it's gone! 

You only go around once, but if you do it right, once is enough! 

Stay focused on what challenging and meaningful to you.

Be careful what you believe.

I like Paul Meyer's definition of success:

" Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, wholeheartedly believe and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass. "


No comments:

Post a Comment