Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cartoon of the day - Roy Delgado


If this gag line is too small to read, the guy is saying:

" I must confess, you were the one who caught my eye as soon as I arrived. "

This cartoon appeared in Playboy Magazine about 5 months ago . . . I always like the extremely "obvious " gag  . . . the secret is to make the situation and the statement really, really over the top . . . extremely obvious, like this one, or it just doesn't work . . . It seems like I am just NOW really understanding this principle. , more than ever . . .

On this same subject, I remember showing a cartoon of mine to Sam Gross for commenting and reaction . . .
The cartoon showed an outside view of a tavern in a strip mall . . . a man walks by and has a puzzled surprised look and does a  a double-take at the sign in the window which reads:  " Now with a playroom for the children "

I kind of liked the cartoon, but Sam informed me that the reason it wasn't funny is that in New York, there IS  A BAR WITH A SIGN LIKE THAT.

Only in New York . . . again, the reason was that it didn't go far enough !

No comments:

Post a Comment