Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On some non-sensiclal New Yorker cartoons -


The inside joke here is that what this sap is
claiming is actually impossible.

Reason being, that in one published interview with a
prominent newspaper, the cartoon editor, when
asked why he purchased SOME cartoons that were
ungraspable, or non-sensical in the view of many readers . . .  
( by their obvious steady complaints in letters to the editor ), defended his position by saying that he KNOWS that maybe 15% of the audience will not "GET" the cartoon gag . . . but that it was meant to be that way, and it was "okay" with him ( And I assume "okay" by his boss ).

When I read this, I dropped my coffee, or maybe it was a glass of Jack Daniels, but I couldn't believe it.

All I know is that when I had my company, and while I was away, my man in charge KEPT on doing what 15% of my customers were complaining about . . . and saw nothing wrong with that, I would immediately fire the guy . . . Am I wrong ? ( Or am I making too much sense ).

Annonymous replies welcome.  It's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment