Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Roy Degado cartoon - Golf

 
 - - - - - - -
 
" What do we live for,
if it is not to make life less difficult
for each other. "
 
George Eliot, 1819-18880
ENGLISH NOVELIST
 
- - - - - - -
 
" If you are able to say how much you love,
you love little. "
 
- Petrarch, circa 1350 
 
 - - - - - - -
 
The hurricane ( Sandy ) which hit two-thirds of West Virginia just barely missed our town . . . We were lucky to just sustain about six hours of 80MPH winds and torrential rain and wind gusts all night . . . . if you had anything outside lighter than a car and it wasn't secured to the ground, it is gone.  Lucky, outside of just about a minute of electrical service outage we fared well . . . It kinda makes you humble and lucky  . . . a few prayers I involved myself in might have helped . . . I like to believe they did . . . Maybe it was just luck . . . . I've been lucky all my life . . . I would rather be lucky than good anytime . . . ( especially at the race track . . . !  )
 
My computer service went down for abot 50 some hours, again.  They just restored service this morning, I guess it was Sandy responsible.
 
 - - - - - - -
 
" Wise men don't need advice. 
Fools don't take it. "
 
- Benjamin Franklin
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment