Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cartoon of the Day - Roy Delgado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My computer has been down for a few days . . . At first, it crashed, i.e.  the screen went black, a strange message flashed on the screen trying to tell me something . . .  all mumbo-jumbo to me . . . mostly mumbo with a little jumbo . . you know, about 60-40 mix.

After restarting it, the same thing happened . . . then again and again . . . after trouble-shooting it for about five times, I finally threw in the towel . . .  I gave up, it was about 6:00 PM.

The next day, same thing . . . about 4-5 attemps, it kept crashing . .

The next day, the same thing repeated itself . . . finally, I took it to the local computer fix-it-nutcase . . . . he tried and tried, after about one day he calls and tells me to bring in my printer because he is getting a message regarding my scanner/printer.

I take it to him . . another day and $35.00 later, he doesn't know what to do so I tell him it is okay, and I took the computer over to my regular computer guy in the next town, Moorefield, W. Virginia . . . . about 20 miles away.   This outfit, "Main Street Toys & Computers" is run by a real gem of a guy, he along with his wife own and operate MAIN STREET TOYS AND COMPUTERS, people that actually KNOW what they're doing !, what a breath of fresh air!


This guy, a graduate from Oklahoma State University with a degree in Architecture ends up owning a toy store in Moorefield, W. Virginia . . . . You can't make this stuff up . . . MAIN STREET TOYS AND COMPUTERS . . .


Nicest people you'll ever meet, his wife handles the toys ( about 95% of the store in space ) and Robert handles the computers along with helping with the toys.

So I take the computer there to him and says he'd like to keep it for at least a couple weeks, I say okay, keep it THREE weeks !

He calls me the next day and says there is nothing wrong, it seems to work fine ! . . . . He keeps it another day, it is fine !   Now it is working fine . . .  I pick it up and 26 dollars later take it home.

All we can figure out is that I threw away the electrical strip that connects to the wall socket and discarded it, put in a new one and everything is just fine !

All along, it was the dag-garn electrical strip device that has multiple outlets !  You learn something every day !

 - - - - - - - - -

 " Oh, God, Help us not to despise or oppose what we do not understand. "

-William Penn, 1644-1718
ENGLISH QUAKER AND FOUNDER OF PENNSYLVANIA, USA

 - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

No comments:

Post a Comment