Saturday, September 14, 2013

Wall Street Journal cartoon ( 9.13.13 ) - Roy Delgado



...................

This drawing appears in the OPINION PAGE
of yesterday's ( 9-13-13 ) Wall Street Journal
newspaper.  For what it's worth, one of my favorites, 
sold to them almost a year ago. My favorite type of 
gag cartoon is either a complete captionless
gag or a visual cartoon with little reading, like
the one shown here.

New Yorker cartoon ?  I think so . . . 

If Chas. Adaams would have done it,
I can see it as a full page in beautiful wash tones, but now that he's departed us, there are more than several New Yorker regulars that could have done it right !
I can see it by Mick Stevens, Booth, or even Roz Chast in her very original  style would have done great justice to this idea . . . 

But alas, I have to add this one in my ' over 21,000
New Yorker rejected cartoons'
I still can't understand it, maybe I never will,
but no one can ever say:
 "I DIDN'T TRY HARD ENOUGH ! "
I thank The New Yorker in a way, because although
I aimed for them, them rejecting me gave me all the success by selling the rejects to hundreds of major publications in the world !
I don't believe it would've happened
otherwise ! Man, What a ride !

..................

" Thank God . . . 
every morning when you get up . . . that you have something to do which must be done,
whether you like it or not.  Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed
in you a hundred virtues which the idle
will never know. "

- Charles Kingsley, 1819-1875
 ENGLISH WRITER, POET AND CLERGYMAN

........................



No comments:

Post a Comment