Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Parade Magazine Cartoon of the Day - Roy Delgado



..........................................................................................


My final goal before checking out would be to sell The New Yorker.
" Not because it's easy . . . but because it is HARD ! ", as Jack Kennedy used to say.  

I have in my files over 10 fellow name cartoonists that have told me
that they think I can and WILL do it. There's always that ONE,
a person that draws with a pencil yet . . . a Patricia Burns
stated in WRITING to an editor that I WILL NEVER SELL TO THE NEW YORKER . . .  You meet the nicest people in this business. don't you ? . . Actually, you do .  You can't please everybody.   99.9% ain't bad, though . . . It's NOT MY PROBLEM.
I've got too many people on my side.

Remember the old story . . . Never tell someone that they CAN'T
DO SOMETHING . . . Then stand by like a moron and
WATCH THEM DO IT. !

Nuf sed.

No comments:

Post a Comment