Sunday, July 18, 2010

Roy Delgado/Peter Plum/Plum Loco Comic 16067


An interesting item on this cartoon is that it was actually okayed by Punch Magazine back around 1998 as a purchase, along with another cartoon.  I remember, Mike Williams, the well-known cartoonist was the last Cartoon Editor there before the great magazine went belly up.  I never got payed and the cartoons never actually saw print, or at least I never saw them, and tried repeatedly to get a copy, with no luck.  I believe that these were the last cartoons ever "purchased" by the magazine . . . they must've been, because almost immediately I heard that the institution called Punch had indeed died.  Sad. 

You've seen Mike Williams' great cartoons in Playboy for years.  I think he's one of the better draftsmen out there, a real understanding of perspective, anatomy, color, composition and great writing.

I thought this cartoon was a natural for Punch with the Punk Culture still going strong especially in the U.K., where it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment