Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cartoon of the Year - Roy Delgado


This cartoon I did about five years ago, and is one of my favorites of all time . . .  and it's still making the rounds . . . I honestly thought that it would have been gobbled up by the second time out . . . but you can never tell in this business . . . I'd like to hear from everybody out there who cares to vote . . . I wanna know, maybe it's me, maybe it's not so funny . . . or maybe it's just average in the laugh-meter .  ? . . . duh ?  How does this cartoon resonate with you people out there . . . For Crysakes, say SOMETHING !  Please give me some feedback, I need it on THIS cartoon . .  and thanks, I appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------

" Life is a near-death experience. "

GEARGE CARLIN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

" I like life, it's something to do. "

RONNIE SHAKES


6 comments:

  1. This is one of the best cartoons I have seen in a long time! And I see a lot of cartoons! Thanks for sharing.

    Roy, Since you did this 5 years ago it must have been published... You are going to sell it again? I didn't know you can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gopi,
    I said I DREW it 5 yrs ago, but I never sold it, it was rejected and I placed it on the shelf. I just now saw it and fell in love with it again. I think it belongs in The New Yorker, but what the hell do I know ?
    Thanks for the comment,
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy, A lot of your cartoons belong in NYer. Just connect the "dots" if you know what I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Gopi - - I know about "connecting the dots" . . . this process is important in life, also . . . I KNOW that my cartoons belong in the NYer . . You can ask anyone who has appeared in the NYer and they would concur . . . I believe that Bob Mankoff will eventually say: " OKAY, OKAY, ROY, YOU WIN ! I GIVE UP . . I'm SORRY THAT I LEFT YOU OUT THERE TWISTNG IN THE WIND FOR SO LONG ! PLEASE ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES, WE'RE BUYING FIVE, SEND MORE. RESPECTFULLY,BOB MANKOFF . .

    P.S. - ( By the way, Roy, are you still giving cartoon lessons ? and if so, how much ? And do YOU think you can improve my stuff a little bit? ) I think my style just needs a little " tweaking " . . for it to look like what I am actually trying to do, what do YOU think ? I could use your help, let's let bygones be bygones, OK ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That's funny right there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Roy,
    The "Blue Jeans" cartoon , very funny! Should be in the New Yorker!

    ReplyDelete