Monday, December 12, 2011

V Gene Meyers - Veteran Magazine Cartoonist


Back in the early 90's I met Gene in New York on one of my regular jaunts up to the big apple with my friend, Bob Weber Sr. 

I remember eating at a popular deli called  Wolf's and we chatted about the business and stuff.

Later when I got home to the Washington, D.C. area I wrote Gene and we traded originals . . . at that time I remember seeing his work pretty regularly in Ladies Home Journal and several major magazines and then became a regular at Playboy where you see his fine work to this day.  He has a unique funny style . . . I like his work.

-------------------------------

Personality has the power to open many doors . . . but character must keep them open.

------------------------------..

Those who apply themselves too closely to little things become incapable of great things.

-----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment