Saturday, February 11, 2012

Reigning Cats and Dogs cartoon - Roy Delgado


" After awhile, it's all BLAH, BLAH, BLAH to me. "

-------------------------------

Thought I'd share my experiences with syndication a little right now . . .

I came close to being syndicated about 3-4 times, where the syndicates asked to see more material ( to look at the sustainability and quality of the comic ), but to no avail, I struck out every time.

My last one was about 2004-05 when United tried my daily comic panel, " JEST SPORTS " on line . . . it ran about 15-16 months, then they dropped it.

Creators tried an idea I had back around 1999, it was a daily panel about cats and dogs called " Reigning Cats and Dogs " . . . Later they thought it would not work having both cats and dogs in the came comic, so they deep-sixed the idea.

I really got excited back when Universal first began their syndicate around '75-76 . . . I had an idea for a strip called " BITZ and PIECES " . . They were just getting started and I was familiar with the people there, they were the best in the business.  So when they asked to see more, I didn't sleep for two weeks.  Didn't make it.  It's a wonder there aren't more alcoholic cartoonists.  I never had the problem, but I would understand someone in my shoes that succombed to the libations.

Icewater in your veins helps.

-----------------------------

" Just go out there and do what you have to do. "

- Martina Navratilova,  b. 1956
Czechoslovakian-Born
American Tennis Champion

---------------------------

" Action may not always bring happiness,
but there is no happiness without action. "

Benjamin Disraeli,  1804 - 1881
English Statesman and Writer

----------------------------

All things are possible until they are
proved impossible - -
and even the impossible may only be so,
as of now. "

- Pearl S. Buck,  1882 - 1973
American Writer and Missionary

-------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment