Friday, February 10, 2012

Woman's World cartoon 18956a - Roy Delgado



This drawing appears on page 3 in the latest issue ( February 20, 2012 ) of Woman's World magazine, now at your grocer's newsstand.

The drawings are submitted in black and white and are colored by a very capable staff at Bauer Publishing.


To borrow from an old handy cliche . . I couldn'a ( Is that a word ? ) done a better job myself.

---------------------

" People will cease to commit atrocities only when they cease to believe absurdities. "

- Voltaire

--------------------------

" Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the only thing
we have. "

- Harry Emerson Fosdick

-------------------------

" The greatest tragedy is indifference. "

- Red Cross slogan

--------------------------


4 comments:

  1. Hey Roy,
    Nice gag! And it was picked up by WW. I know you sometimes mention that you have a hard time getting WW to buy some of your cartoons. Well, if you keep thinking ideas like this one, you'll be selling many, many more to WW.
    Have you ever noticed that WW colors their cartoons to match the colors and tones that are on that page and the adjoining page?
    Keep up the great work!
    Gary Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gary,
      You are right in your comment of their coloring process. Lucky, I sold four in one clip recently, this is the first of that group to be published. I must be doing something right. ( Besides a little luck )

      The two most important qualities I hear over and over from high-achieivers, fairly recently from Steve Jobs to President Obama, to Oprah to NBA superstars . . . is persistence and hard work.

      Sounds pretty simple to me.

      TWO THINGS TO REMEMBER.
      Best,
      Roy

      Delete
  2. Hey Roy,
    Four in one clip. That's really great. I actually had three in one clip once from WW, but not four. Must be your persistence and hard work. Keep it up. And keep drilling into my head to "keep it up".
    Gary Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zell -
    As someone I admire very much and was a millionaire, once told me after handing me the key to the vault: " It ain't easy, but it ain't too hard. "

    I've always remembered that.

    Best,
    Roy

    ReplyDelete