Thursday, April 19, 2012

" It ain't easy, but it ain't too hard. " - Paul Meyer


---------------------

I first heard the phrase:   " It ain't easy,
but it ain't too hard. "  at a meeting at Success Motivation Institute in Waco Texas in 1975
while attending a series of lectures, or I might say a series of indoctrination exercises held at the institute.

These words were uttered by Paul Meyer, my mentor who became a self-made millionaire by the age of 27 ( in the insurance business ) and later was founder and CEO of Success Motivation Institute, a world leader in the production and distributor of success-type motivational
tapes and seminars throughout the world.

Paul Meyer passed away recently.  I felt lucky to have met this man and had the privilege of going to lunch with him at the Waco country golf club in 1975. He infuenced me positively forever.

The phrase was just uttered on the podium, on the spot, without thinking . . .at one of the seminars . . . he was responding to a question .    it was just a way of explaining to keep focused on what is important to you . . . that eventually you WILL make it . . . just don't give up . . .  but it stuck in my mind and I often remember it when I'm struggling to reach my goals and suddenly the old proverbial 'stumbling block ' jumps out in front of me.  It means exactly that . . . " It ain't easy, but it ain't too hard. " 

Similar, ( to me ) phrases that come into my mind . .
" Keep on truckin'. " . . . by Robert Crumb . . . and then, when I asked my friend Sam Gross for advice back around 2007 . . . After evidentally feeling in my voice that I was temporarily down or slightly depressed of the constant rejections and rejections . . .
he simply said: " Just keep doin' what you're doin'. "

After awhile . . . you get it . . .  It is all part of the process . . It is at this juncture, as Paul meyer once told me: " This is where they separate the men from the boys. "

It is what it is.

If you don't get it, you don't get it.

nuf sed.

--------------------------

" A positive thinker does not
refuse to recognize the negative,
he refuses to dwell on it.
Positive thinking
is a form of thought which habitually
looks for the best results
from the worst conditions. "

- Norman Vincent Peale, 1898-1993
AMERICAN WRITER AND MINISTER

------------------------------

" Far away in the sunshine
are my highest aspirations.
I may not reach them
but I can look up and see their beauty,
believe in them and try
to follow them. "

- Louisa May Alcott, 1832-1888
AMERICAN NOVELIST

--------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment