Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Harvard Business Review cartoon - Roy Delgado

 
 
This drawing appears on page34 in a feature called " Strategic Humor " . . . . It used to be a regular double-page spread in the monthly magazine but has now lately been reduced to a single page . . . This time it also had two other cartoonist's work, one by veteran cartoonist Patrick Hardin, whose fine work you see everywhere and the other by the lady cartoonist Susan Camileri Konar, whose " New Yorkerish " drawing style I like very much.

 - - - - - - - -

My internet service has been down for 8 days.  It was finally restored yesterday about 3 PM when the FrontierNet guy had to actually come to my house and reprogram my new modem they provided me a couple weeks ago.  I had 116 Emails backed up waiting for me.
It was a record.  So many things to do, so little time. 

 I will skip going to the mailbox today, about 9 miles away. . . . I now have 3 indoor cats . . . .AND, AND about  one or two months ago a cute little striped kitten appeared at my back door whining with a hungry meow and a friendly but kind of sad face . . . I gave him some cat food in the garage and it looks like he's found a new home . . . . I asked the new neighbor in the back if she knew who's kitten that was, and I was surprised when she told me that it was hers and that "Buddy" also traversed on a daily basis, from her house to her mother's house about one short block away and now MY house, so it looks like the wise kitty " Buddy " is eating at three different places !

What is interesting is that "Buddy" , in the last three weeks or so, is spending 90% of the time here at MY place.

So, now I have actually FOUR cats . . . Midnight, Rocky ( Like Rocky Balboa . . .  who I also call BULJERT because of his rotundity ), Eddie ( like FAST EDDIE in The Hustler ), and now " Buddy " the lovable kitty who lives in the garage ( with a cat door ) who comes to my back sliding door every morning to say Good Morning and has me follow him back to his lair to make sure I see his bowl and to check out his rations of kitty food . . . AND to make sure that his water is fresh and clean . . .

All of this kinda makes you feel important and puts everything in perspective . . . . for awhile, as I'm savoring my cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee, I can put the Presidential Debate, Benghazi, Al Queda, Hugo Chavez, The 16 Trillion Dollar Debt, O'Reilly, The Ed Show, Hannity, Hollywood, everything, I mean everything, at least for the moment, in the BACK BURNER !  Where, actually it all belongs.

I'm telling you, it doesn't get any better than this.

- - - - - - - -

" A master, in the art of living, draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation.  He hardly knows which is which.  He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine if he is working or playing. "

To himself, he always seems to be doing both.

Nuf sed, ( As Lew Card used to say ).

- - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment