Saturday, January 5, 2013

Roy Delgado Cartoon - Roy Delgado



 - - - - - - - - - -

The last time I was in NYC, about a year ago, I took a cab for about a mile downtown around Times Square . . .
First cabbie was a guy with a turban, the next cab driver was also from the middle-east somewhere . . . . to us it's easy to jumble all of them up in one pile, where in reality the two cab drivers could be enemies, you know, from different tribes, etc., . . . . It's amazing, I notice after they've been here awhile we're all alike, chasing the buck, trying to make ends meet, take a little off the top before Uncle Sam counts it . . . . I'll never forget what one guy told me a long time ago, regarding the perils of being successful in ANY kind of business in the U.S. . . .

He said to me ( after I'd learned that he'd been fairly successful in a few different types of businesses here in the U.S. . . . He said: ' Hell, I can be successful in ANY kind of business . . . as long as I get FIRST COUNT ! '

I had to laugh, I guess it was the same story with a cab driver or many other types of businesses with a constant large fixed overhead, and the many different possibilities of things going wrong, let alone mayhem or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of the guys on Wall Street are the same as that cab driver,
I guess they figure, as long as I'm reasonable when I skim, maybe Uncle Sam won't get too pissed ( ? ).

It's all in the rationalization I guess . . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment