Friday, September 27, 2013

Cartoon of the Day - Roy Delgado



.................

Sold last week to The Saturday Evening Post . . . scheduled to come out in the December issue.
Sent in as a black and white drawing, then they requested a colorized version, upon acceptance.
The drawing was colorized with my trusty
Corel PaintshopPro X5 program and then 
 Emailed in to the editor.

Next step is a cotract they send for your signature
over the net, then you sign it and return it
for their signature, finally you get a copy returned with both signatures . . . . another week or two
and the check arrives.

It's a hard way to make a living, but there isn't anything else I'd rather be doing, so I'll shut up and go back to my drawing board where I belong !

..............................

" I'd like to live like a poor man,
only with lots of money. "

- Pablo Picasso

------------------------------

" The art of being wise is the art
of knowing what to overlook. "

- William James

--------------------------------

I start each day reading a few gold nuggets 
like the above quotes to start my day. . . . 
Good stuff in, good stuff out.  

" You can't lose with the stuff I use. "

- Peter Plum

1 comment:

  1. Hey Roy, Great cartoon! I can see why it sold to SEP. I really like the colors you chose to complete it. Again, great work!
    I am waiting to hear back from SEP on the cartoon batch I sent them. I am maintaining a positive attitude and "expect" to sell them at the very least one from the batch.
    Please keep some positive thoughts in mind for me.
    Again, really nice cartoon.
    Best, Gary Z.

    ReplyDelete