Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas- Roy and Peter



I want to wish Everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy and
Prosperous 2013 and beyond !
   
This last week has been hectic around here . . . But, a GOOD Hectic !
My daughter, Lynne and her son Nick, and his wife, Kim, and their two daughters, Lexie,7 and Zoey, 3, plus their 2 small puppies, One which is blind, but both doing just great.All drove here from Dallas, Texas in a new Traverse which proved to be roomy enough for the trip.  My oldest daughter, Lisa, a nurse visited from nearby Midland, VA.with her son Christopher, a couple days before and my son Louie, ex-Green Beret Medic was here for a couple days also a week ago and returned back to Afghanistan, for his third tour.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a watered shoot;
My heart is like an apple tree
Whose boughs are bent with thickest fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these
Because my loves have come to me.

- Christina Rosetti, 1830-1894  

I couldn't have had a much better Christmas.  I have a lot
to be greatful for.   My children and their children have made me so proud of each and everyone of them.

No one ever promised me a Rose Garden . . . It didn't have to be this good. I am a more than very happy man and to be spending this Christmas with my lovely wife Betty of 53 years . . . and to be spending this holy and special day in my mountain-top West by-God Virginia home with my extended family, and my three cats . . . HALLELUJA ! AMEN.

This is truly a Great Country,  I LOVE this country.
God bless our troops who are risking their lives to keep us safe.  Pray for them all to come back safe.

I've been absent for a few days, did a little traveling, but now it will all be normal around here. It's good to be back.  Both Peter Plum and I are both back ! Melli-Kalilimaka, as they say in Hawaii ! ( I THINK )Anyway, it SOUNDS right.



1 comment:

  1. Feliase Navida & Buono Anno, my wonderful friend! It is so wonderful to have our families for the holidays. Don

    ReplyDelete