Monday, October 27, 2014

Leartherneck cartoon - Roy Delgado



This drawing appears on page 18 of the October issue of Leatherneck magazine. Other cartoon veterans appearing in this regular feature double-page spread are Sheppard James Estes, Talbot, Vojko, and another with no signature shown.  I sold my first cartoon to
Leatherneck when I was stationed with the Marines
in 1956 on the island of Okinawa( very close to Japan ).
I mailed 8 and they bought two.  Been in the magazine, off and on since.  I remember seeing ex-marine George Booth's cartoons in the magazine at that time.  Of course later he would become one of The New Yorker's favorite cartoonists.  It just so happens, George Booth AND Sam Gross would become MY two favorites and both had some influence on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment