Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Buljert the Bulldog - Comic of the Day



After many tries to click at the syndicates, along comes Buljert the Buldog.  Where did he come from ? Why now and not 30 years ago, h-m-m-n ?  Or 15 years ago, or even 10, h-m-m?  Or five ?

 The more I read about Epistemology, the less I know about what I know, or what I thought I knew, or what I believed I knew, or what I know I shouldn't know - - - - I mean about this whole business.

The older you get, the more fervently you begin to believe in Confucious' adage:  " When you know that you know that you know that you don't know, that is true enlightenment."

If Confucious is right, I'm an enlightened S.O.B. - - - If I wasn't a cartoonist, I wish I would've gone into Chicago politics  - - -  Believe me, THOSE people KNOW - - - I don't know, it just looks like it would be a lot fun in the windy city, the loop, the EL, the political machine and an easy way to get your hands on a whole lot of money.

 Maybe Buljert will end up as just another pile of  paper that will keep my shredder working day and night, along with my New Yorker rejects - - - - I'm on my third shredder now - - -  every time I buy one, I upgrade - - - the next one has to be an industrial-strength type, like they use at the Pentagon.

If I wasn't having so much fun, I would leave tomorrow for Chicago and get into politics.  I don't know.  " You don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind blows, right ? "

No comments:

Post a Comment