Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Emilio Sgueglio ( Captain Marvel ), Helene Parsons, Roy Delgado/ Bunny Hoest's Cartoonists Bash- 2011



Lower left is Emilio Sgueglio, who drew the famed golden age super hero Captain Marvel comic character . . . one of my favorites because all us kids in the neighborhood liked him because he was more realistic in many ways . . .

Behind him is gagwriter extraordinaire, Helene Parsons . . .  and then yours truly with my arm on Emilio's shoulder . . . and the handle of Emilio's wheelchair poking me in the heart. ( I felt no pain actually as the first double Jack Daniels Old No. 7 Sour mash Tennessee whiskey had begun to do its work . . .

It felt great to be around the many legends in the gathering . . . I believe in osmosis and every time I attend one of these, I feel better and when I get back home behind the ole drawing board, I know I'm a better cartoonist . . . it shows . . . and I believe it . . . and you gotta be careful what you believe, right ?



Here's a quickie pencil sketch Emilio drew in my trusty sketchbook I carry around for moments just like this . . .  priceless . . .
----------------------------------------------------------

" The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen. "

FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT, 1869-1959
AMERICAN ARCHITECT

No comments:

Post a Comment