Monday, August 6, 2012

Cartoon-of-the-Day - Roy Delgado


---------

To go off subject here . . . Seniors Still Need Print Media, period.

It's hard to break the habit of holding and feeling the sensation of newsprint in your hands, especially if you have done it all your long life . . . especially the comics page . . . you can go back a few minutes later and take another look at it, and enjoy or chuckle again at it . . .  or maybe making a quick photo copy and send it to a friend . . .

Of course this is all possible with a tablet or laptop or desktop and now on a smartphone . . .  but it just isn't the same thing . . . But, at least I will admit it is the handwriting on the wall . . . and as Bob Dylan used to say:  " Times, they're a' changin' ".   Do Doubt.

Which brings me to this next doozy I just received as a joke of the day my friend sends me every day . . . it took me a few seconds to get it, sorry . . . but boy, it hit the ringer. Here it is:


" I was visiting my son last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.

This is the 21st century, he said.  I don't waste money on newspapers.  Here, you can borrow my iPad.

I can tell you this; that damn fly never knew what hit him ! "

---------

" Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing frighten you.
Everything passes away
except God. "

St. Theresa,  1515-1582
SPANISH NUN

---------

" Let me be a little kinder,
Let me be a little blinder
To the faults of those around me. "

Edgar A. Guest,  1881-1989
ENGLISH-BORN AMERICAN JOURNALIST, POET AND WRITER

---------

No comments:

Post a Comment